Informational Architecture: building the foundation of your new website.
If your website visitors are going to inherently understand your company, your offerings, and your capabilities, a coherent structure of all of your information must be created.
- Content Inventory
- Target Audience Profiles
- Use Case (how visitors will use the site)
- Site Map
Content, more than words.
If you expect your website visitors to read your content, buy your products, understand your offerings, or contact your organization, you must offer an experience that is relevant, personal, and easy. A successful user experience is when a user visits your website, reads, navigates, clicks, downloads, and interacts exactly the way you hoped they would. It begins with clear messaging, well placed calls-to-action, relevant content, and intuitive conversion pages.
How do we offer a great user experience?
- We understand your content and the relationships between each page.
- We identify your target audiences and predict the content they wish to consume.
We develop diagrams and site maps forming a sound content architecture.
- We utilize the website statistical data to determine if users are behaving in a manner that we had predicted.
By understanding all of your website assets, we can begin to organize it to be purposely placed throughout your website. Once the assets are organized, we create site maps and wireframes showing content placement, navigation capabilities, calls to action, and appropriate imagery.
A site map is an organized chart of your web pages. A good site map offers each target audience type a well formed path of content, images, documents, and products that help them learn about your offerings.
- Wireframes are sketches of unique web pages that display and describe each element of the web page that include content areas, image ideas, calls to action, and navigation. Wireframes help designers and developers build the functionality and page layouts that ultimately become web pages that are user-centric, and built specifically for each of your target audiences.